Sunday, July 1, 2012

Utah

For pretty much the entire month of June I was in Utah visiting family. I left the week of Brad's super important and very hard board exam (so he could study in peace). Brad came to Utah once his test was over and then we both hung out with family.

Here is what went down:

  • sister time
  • niece and nephew time
  • City Creek and neon pink t-shirt buying (very important I know)
  • park and feeding of ducks (aka trying to hit ducks in the head with stale bread... and trying to get my nephew to do the same)
  • TWO GNO's (one with my sisters and one with my cousins)
  • sushi
  • mango and sticky rice (first time ever... too bad I didn't like it - the mango tasted funny)
  • helping out with a garage sale 
  • cousin's missionary homecoming
  • shopping!
  • mini golfing
  • hot dog and marshmallow roast
  • lunch with my good friend Natalie and totally seeing Sister Barbara Thompson at the Cheesecake Factory (and I totally creeped a picture)
it may be blurry, but it is totally her!
  • baby shower and hanging out with some of my oldest (meaning longest in duration) friends
  • four-wheeling
why yes, we do have scarves around our necks. jealous?
  • weekend in Brigham City 
  • Prestwich family picture time
  • sleeping out under the stars while annoying bullfrogs tried to keep us awake
  • giant slip n slide
biggest slip n slide EVER
hiking with Brad's siblings

what's a little hand holding among brothers?
  • cousin's wedding reception 
  • Mirror, Mirror watching
  • Raging Waters 
  • lots of Mexican food consumption (Cafe Rio, Alberto's, Red Iguana)
  • visiting my grandpa's grave site (sadly his headstone was not there yet)
me, my grandpa's grave site, and my awesome sister
  • visiting Brad's grandparents
  • Brave watching (love Merida and that head of hair!)
  • telescope viewing of the moon and saturn
  • visiting my best friend and her brand new baby (born the day before we left)
me and my best friend's newest baby


 
Also, because this post isn't overloaded enough as it is, I thought I'd include a little gem from our travels back to Ohio. A little 50 Shades of Grey anyone?

classy airport reading

6 comments:

kelli said...

woohooo!!!

fun-filled trip, for sure!
it was so so fun to see you guys!

and i'm so glad you have power back :)
love you!

*Aliese* said...

1) I'm sorry you were disappointed with mango & sticky rice. It's seriously one of my favorite things to eat. EVER.
2) I LOVE that you creeped a picture of Sis. Thompson; I totally would have as well. I would have probably asked her to autograph a copy of the Ensign as well. :)

Karen said...

Fun, fun, fun, fun, times!

Mandy said...

This was so great. It would've only been better if you guys. never. left. ever.

Bradwich said...

Good times.

ldsjaneite said...

I hiked Donut Falls in June, too! *sniff* I feel so close to you. :-)