Friday, June 1, 2012

May

May went by super quick-like. Towards the beginning of May we went and used the last of our free Chick-Fil-A vouchers (Brad won a years worth of vouchers by camping out in the parking lot at a grand opening last year... it was totally worth it). He is sad the free chicken sandwiches are no more.


Brad picked me some pretty roses for Mother's Day. He's a keeper. He also bought me sushi (he knows the way to my heart).


After 5 weeks, I think it is tentatively safe to say that we are now joggers. Never thought I'd say that. I woke up one morning and randomly decided to go for a jog and we've been jogging 2-3 times a week since. I'm not very good at it but at least I'm trying. And I got new running shoes (the only sneaker type shoes I had were about 10 years old and a 1/2 size too small)! Yay for shoes that don't squish my toes!!


We discovered the hard way that we strongly dislike fresh parsley. That stuff is nasty!! I made what looked like a big yummy salad and gagged once I tasted it. Being the ever frugal and waste-not individuals that we are, we just picked out the parsley. Yeah, there was A LOT of it. I usually like recipes from that site but I will not be making anything with fresh parsley in it from now on. So gross.


I'm sure other things have happened this month but mostly Brad has just been studying his head off and I've been trying not to distract him. He has his big Step 1 board exam next Saturday (basically the biggest test of his life - it will determine what he can specialize in as a doctor). I can't wait for him to be done!!

5 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Yay for joggign!

Cambu said...

I have been trying my hardest to love jogging because Ryan loves to run, but no matter how many times we go out running, I still don't love it. Good for you for giving it a go! :)

kelli said...

oh my goodness, that's all so exciting!!

and i kinda freaked out when you said you are joggers!! that makes me so happy!
because for about the same amount of time, i have been trying, too. and i still don't love it. but i gotta make it through that 5k! ha. hooray for shoes that fit and being fit!
AND for brad being done with the boards!!!!! AND for you guys coming to Utah! so many hoorays.

Julie said...

I love Chick-fil-A. We went there on Saturday evening and since it was close to closing and the next day was Sunday and they are closed on Sunday, they gave us free food!

My grandma used to make a drink with parsley ground up in it. It was nasty so I understand you not liking that salad.

I like your new lime-green shoes!

I hope Brad did well on his exams. Hopefully I'll get to see you guys when you come to Utah this month and you can meet my new boyfriend, Randy.

Melissa said...

July 13 is Cow appreciation day! If you dress up like a cow, chick fil a will give you a free meal! Or so says the website at least...