Friday, July 13, 2012

Tilda

Apparently I've had an uninvited guest hanging out on my right ovary from some unknown amount of time. I discovered this nuisance after weeks of pain, a trip to the emergency department, and finally a transvaginal ultrasound. Sexy right?

Introducing my very unwelcome guest: Tilda the ovarian mass. (Brad made me name it.)

don't be confused, this is NOT a pregnancy announcement

You see that big dark thing in the middle that kinda looks like an eggplant? Yeah, that's Tilda. My doctor was quite surprised when he discovered this huge mass (it is bigger than my uterus). His exact words: "that doesn't belong there." At least I'm not crazy and I've been in major pain for a reason.

Luckily there are plans to remove Tilda on Tuesday and maybe at that point we'll know exactly what Tilda is made up of (don't worry, it shouldn't be cancerous). The surgery is outpatient so I won't have to spend anytime in the hospital and the plans are to go through my belly button. I really hope they let Brad participate in the surgery (or at least observe it) but they might not let him. I'm actually really excited to not be in pain anymore. It's gonna be awesome!

9 comments:

Karen said...

WOW! I'm so glad they can remove it for you. I hope you start feeling better right away!

Rachael said...

Oh my goodness! That's crazy! Hope you feel better really soon!

*Aliese* said...

Oh my gosh, that's insane! Good riddance to Tilda.

Rachel said...

For a split second I was excited and then I realized it wasn't your mom jeans video. So so sorry Jess. I'm sorry you've been in pain and sorry you need surgery. I'm glad that they figured it out and I'll pray they can get all of Tilda the crap out of there.

Unknown said...

oh. my. goodness. FINALLY a reason for the pain! Stinkin Tilda...

Don't argue. I'm bringing you dinner on Tuesday.

ldsjaneite said...

Good luck and farewell Tilda! (Nice name choice, too!)

kelli said...

fantastic name choice. good call, bradley.
we're praying for you!! hope your surgery goes well, and that brad gets to observe. we know he'd looove it. haha
woot for no more paaaaaaiiiinnnn!!! love ya

Nancy and Spencer said...

ACK! I'm glad they're getting it out. Nothing named Tilda should ever been inside one's body.
We'll be praying for you Jess!
Love you. :)

Julie said...

Hoping and praying all goes well tomorrow for you! Love you!