Thursday, June 13, 2013

Whatever

  • Every summer Brad and I participate in our local libraries summer reading program. We're cool like that. 
  • Speaking of reading, on Sunday I read an entire book in one sitting. It was awesome. (I read Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster. Stupid title but super cute book.) 
  • I might get bangs again... I'm still deciding.
  • This product is awesome if you have gray hairs (which I do). It's my new favorite. 

  • We are planning a trip to Chicago in August. Brad actually has a test to take there and I'm just tagging along so we can celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary together. I'm excited! 
  • I recently discovered refrigerator food storage containers. I have this one and I LOVE it so far. It helped my green onions last for weeks - WEEKS I tell you. No more limp green onions for this girl. And I won't even tell you how long it extended the life of my cilantro (ok, I'll tell you - it was still fresh and pretty after a week when I finally used it all). Yes, it cost a pretty penny but think of how much it will save me on no longer wasting produce! Hooray!
  • I just started reading the Flavia de Luce series and it is great fun (apparently all I have to talk about are books - there could be worse things though). Flavia, the 11 year old protagonist is charmingly annoying and hilariously entertaining. Read it. 
  • This may be TMI, but lately I've been slightly obsessed with finding the right bra size (this obsession was brought on by some weight gain... if you get my drift) and this reddit thread solved my problems. Thank you reddit.
  • Oh, and in case anyone is feeling particularly nosy, yes I am on birth control pills now (hence the weight gain in the previous bulleted item)- not because I have problems not getting pregnant but because of endometriosis. And now (supposedly) I don't have periods. Worth it.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I have some root touch up I use for gray hairs called "Tween Time" but I'll have to check out the Instant Root Touchup. I have to color my hair every 5 weeks or so now to avoid looking like a skunk, but the Tween Time helps me get by a little longer. I'm almost out of it though so time to go shopping.

Unknown said...

books are the best! and i haven't been let down by your recommendations yet! (that i get from your goodreads...hahaha) .

also i think you should get bangs!

also also i am super excited for you about your chicago trip!

and more also i am super intrigued about that food storage container..! can you store your green onions and cilantro in there at the same time...? because i always have to throw mine away too and i feel the same about wasted produce! THANK YOU for introducing me to this little gem.

also i hope you have found your correct bra size. thanks reddit.

and endometriosis can suck it.

love you!!

ldsjaneite said...

LOVE "Daddy-Long-Legs." I read it in one sitting, too, only I was visiting a friend in Florida. It's a good thing she was the one who recommend it!

Professional bra fittings are wonderful--and free if you go to the right store.

I love reading your updates. And I love that you read. And I love you!