Friday, October 1, 2010

J-O-B

So you know how I've been looking for a job? Well, I guess I can put that off for another 6 months because I found myself a temporary one. Yep. Surprised? Well, I've only really told people who have asked or who I felt obligated to tell. Why? I'm not super pumped. Sure, it'll be nice to have money but (and this is kinda big): I don't get any extra days off for Christmas. Boo. That means I'll probably be stuck in Columbus and away from my family for the holidays for the first time. In my life. :( Let's not talk about it and pretend it isn't happening. Sound good? Mmkay.

Oh, I guess I should tell you what the job is... drum roll... freshman evaluator in the Admissions Office (deja vu?) at OSU. Yeah. I'll pretty much be doing the exact same thing I was doing a few months ago (which isn't a bad thing). Why is it temporary you may ask? Well, OSU is the biggest public university in the nation (don't check this statistic, I'm not 100% it is true... but it probably is) and therefore has a boat-load of undergraduate applications to process and they need the extra help during the busy season. I'm the extra help (along with a few others).

So there you have it. I have a job. Which means money. Which means I might be able to buy more furniture (bookshelves and curtains would be lovely). And to celebrate? I got myself a pair of jeggings. Seriously. I'm not joking. And I like them. A lot. 

4 comments:

heather said...

You got it! I'm happy for you, and sad for you. Is that possible? I wish you had the time to go be with family for the holidays, but yet am glad that you have an additional income to buy yourself some bookshelf and curtains. :) Good luck with it!

Cambu said...

I'm glad you got it! Even though it is temporary it will be a great blessing to your little family. :)

ldsjaneite said...

At this time, jobs are great! Good luck! And I completely sympathize about the being away from family at holidays. It's really hard. But you have your hubby, so that should be great!

Bradwich said...

Congrats, hot stuff! And think of the curtains!

Oh yeah jeggings!