Friday, May 10, 2013

Oh Hey Blog

Several people have told me lately that I should blog. So here you go.

According to my camera, I made Irish soda bread this year for St. Patrick's day. And if memory serves me correctly, I also made corned beef and colcannon (mashed potatoes, cabbage, and bacon). Delish. With the leftover corned beef we made awesome corned beef sandwiches.


Also according to my camera we celebrated the Passover this year with some friends. It wasn't super traditional but it was still fun and enlightening. We made a delicious beef brisket and drank lots and lots of grape juice (so much grape juice).

Brad leading the Passover and holding some grape juice (best caption ever amirite?)

My camera also informs me that I had a birthday this year (the big 30) and that my super awesome neighbor made me this amazing and delicious fruit tart. My camera didn't tell me this, but I do remember that I also spent the night of my 30th birthday with a few friends because Brad had a conference he had to attend (and couldn't get out of). We went to dinner and then watched 13 Going on 30 (so fitting right?). The next day and as a part of the conference that Brad was attending, Brad and I got to go out for a super expensive catered dinner. We got to dress up and there were appetizers and first and second courses and a delicious steak and fancy dessert. Yum.


Other than what my camera has informed me of, not much has been happening around here. Brad just started his last rotation of his 3rd year of medical school (he is on internal med). I'm watching the cutest and happiest 6 month old boy (his name is Liam but I call him The Squish) at my house, Monday-Friday. I got sick for weeks and weeks and am still recovering but doing TONS better.

Also, we have been eating some yummy stuff lately (and apparently a lot of my memories revolve around food). Some of our favorites lately have been:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry I missed your big 3-0!

Glad you updated. My camera doesn't see much action these days either, mostly out of laziness on my part. :)

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! My 30th this year, too! Glad to hear you are well. Is Brad already finishing up his 3rd year?! WOW! That's wonderful. Good luck with the last year and then matching for residency. What fun!

kelli said...

so so happy about this! also all memories should revolve around food.

love you!

rayajones14 said...

Fun to read about your doings. I like food, too. Love you!