Saturday, October 27, 2012

This week's good things

  • We got new lamps for our front room. They aren't super pretty but they put out TONS of light and I'm so happy about that. Like, so so happy.
  • My favorite cashier at the grocery store (her name is Gina) noticed I dyed my hair. She said it made my eyes pop. She's awesome.
  • I got sushi earlier this week. Mmmm. And Raising Cane's (not the same night as sushi, though).
  • Brad has come home TWICE this week for lunch. His new rotation (Neurology) has amazing hours. I love it. Plus, he has gotten home before 6 every day.
  • Two of Brad's sisters are coming to visit us the end of next month. So excited to have visitors!
  • I started making polka dot pants (I still have the backside to finish). They make me happy. Time will tell if I will actually wear them but I already had everything on hand so I don't really care either way.

  • I participated in a toddler busy bag exchange today and got some fun things to do to help entertain when I babysit. 
I made fabric marble mazes.

  • Slowly, but surely, our food storage is getting awesome. 
  • I found a cute plaid shirt for $1. 
  • We voted! Yay! 
  • For most of the week, it was in the 70s. Thank you Columbus!  
  • We got to go to our ward's Halloween party.
  • We've had dragon noodles 3 times this week. So easy and so yummy. We might be addicted. 
  • My sister found out she is having a girl and she is due on my birthday!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I am so glad to hear of your happy things this week. What great times you're having.

Nancy and Spencer said...

AHHH I LOVE the Polka-dot pants! And everything else too. You have to actually wear them! Not only will it make you feel happy, but it will make everyone who sees you wear them have a happier day too. :) You'd be doing a service to all!

kelli said...

best things!!

we just got a new brighter bulb for our floor lamp in our living room, and i can relate!! makes me so so happy too. thank goodness for light!
gina IS awesome.
sushi has grown on me...glad you got some delicious eats!
neuro is the bessssst!!! woohoo for having a husband.
i cannot wait to come visit! we will have a blast.
so creative with the pants! patterned pantalones have not yet grown on me...but they're getting there..
your marble mazes are adorable! love the button start/end
way to GO on food storage!
$1 shirts are the bomb! show and tell!!!
way to exercise your rights--it makes voting so much more exciting when you know it actually counts more than in utah...! (for me. maybe i'm crazy?)
best weather! such good news. winter should never come too soon.
thanks for canceling, temple! loved your party pictures.
and woot for liz!! babies are the best.

such great things.
thanks for blogging. :)