Saturday, May 2, 2009

Addicted Much?

I've realized that I might be a little addicted to the internet. I rely on it for entertainment too much. I hate the thought of being addicted to anything (maybe besides Zuma), so here is my (hopefully) realistic game plan to help decrease my dependency on the internet:

  • Go on a facebook fast for at least a week (I don't even like facebook, so hopefully that won't be difficult). After that, only check it once a day or when at work.
  • Only check google reader once a day (the exceptions are if I am at work - I sound like a bad employee don't I? Trust me, they don't mind)
  • Only check my sitemeter every other day (sure, sounds easy enough, but I love sitemeter - it's addicting knowing how many people check my blog and where they are visiting from)
  • Cut out needless internet surfing for at least a week
  • Only use/check flickr when I actually have pictures to upload
  • Go on a twitter fast for at least a week (or longer... It's pointless anyway)
  • After posting on my blog, only check for comments sparingly
Any other ideas? Am I the only one who feels addicted here?

5 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Oh! Have your blog comments e-mailed to you instead! Then you don't have to check your blog at ALL! You get an e-mail whenever someone comments...It's also way nice because sometimes people leave comments on "old" posts and you are totally still notified. I have enjoyed that just as much as my Reader. So much more convenient! And I spend much less WASTED time on the Internet.

ldsjaneite said...

I was going to suggest the same thing about comments. I, too, have been making game plans to use the Internet less. I'll be blogging about it and how I'll be using the Internet to help me. :-) yeah, I know. You'll just have to read the entry to know what I mean. Good luck to both of us!

P.S. You are quite right about Twitter being pointless/useless. In our situations, at least. There are some it could help, but even so...

Anne said...

i really know what you mean---i can get sucked in way too much...i have to try to give myself time limits! this probably wont help---ha ha. but i am going to be setting up a craft blog---and i am going to have david help me do google ads, and amazon re-selling etc. for it. i want to do pics and tutorials, and i thought it would be fun to not do it all by myself (and then if we get popular---and make some money, i wont have to enjoy the spoils all alone! he he. anyhow, since you already do so much crafting i thought mabey you would like to do it with me...David is going to set up the site for me, and it will probably take him a few weeks. But anyhow, let me know if you would be interested in it. i think it would be fun for both of us to just do our own posts---but then maybe once a month, we could do something together? I don't know the details yet, but let me know your thoughts!

Jeanette said...

i've cut back to allowing myself to get online once a day- and with little kids I'm usually only on for abou 30 min. Life changes when you have little ones! I think your game plan is fabulous! I love self improvement, good job!

Bradwich said...

I admire your dedication, dear. Best of luck!